Class Action Lawsuit Attorney in Beverly Hills
Seeking Compensation for Groups of Individuals Harmed in California
When companies engage in misconduct or violations of federal or state laws, it can cause harm to employees and consumers. Many different laws provide you with the right to seek compensation from parties that cause you harm, and sometimes, misconduct will cause harm to many different people. In this situation, you might have the ability to join up and bring legal action against the violative company together with the help of a class action lawyer in Beverly Hills.
To be eligible for compensation, a person must have been the victim of a qualifying crime involving bodily harm, the fear of physical injury, or death. For certain crimes, emotional hurt is all that is required. Certain family members or loved ones may also be eligible.
Getting in touch with a class action attorney to file the class action lawsuits can have many benefits, as working as a group can put you at an advantage against adverse parties, which are often large corporations with extensive resources. The following are some types of class action cases that the class action lawsuit attorney at Setareh Law Group, California can handle:
Wage and Hour
Some companies have policies or engage in conduct that violates federal or California state labor laws and affects numerous employees. These violations can result in unpaid wages and overtime, denied meal and rest breaks, unpaid vacation time, unreimbursed expenses, and much more. Employees can work together to hold a company accountable for its violations and recover the wages and damages they deserve.
Overtime pay is required in California for qualified employees who work more than eight hours per day or 40 hours per week. California employees must be paid double time after working 12 hours in one day. If an employee works on a seventh day, they are entitled to time and a half for the first eight hours and double time for any further hours worked. However, not all jobs are eligible for overtime.
Some parties engage in conduct that causes injuries to many people. Some examples include selling dangerous drugs or products to the wider public or committing environmental violations that cause toxic harm to a community. When numerous people suffer the same type of harm from the same conduct, they may qualify to bring a class action to seek recovery for all of their losses at once.
In California, a class action wage and hour case is one in which a significant number of employees with the same or comparable claims against their employer sue their company collectively.
A wage and hour class action suit is applicable in cases where the employer was breaching California wage/hour statutes with relation to a group of employees by:
- Failure to pay overtime or misclassifying non-exempt employees as exempt from California overtime regulations
- Requiring “off-the-clock work”
- Paying less than the state of California’s or a locality’s minimum wage
- Failure to provide mandated food or rest breaks to employees or force them to work during their breaks.
Suppose you and fellow co-workers have suffered monetary losses due to an organization’s action in Beverly Hills, CA. In that case, class action lawyers practicing employment law might be able to help you.
Whether you wish to proceed with an individual lawsuit or class action case, contact the Setareh Law Group. Our class action lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for our clients. Contact our law firm at +1 (866) 572-6384 for a free consultation on your case or class action.
The most common type of mass tort case is product liability claims. When a large manufacturer allows a defective or dangerous product onto the market, many consumers might suffer serious injuries due to malfunctions or unreasonable risks of harm. Product liability cases can involve motor vehicles, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, household products, and much more. Injured consumers can file a class action to take on the negligent corporation and hold the manufacturer accountable for their injuries.
California law provides consumer protection from wrongful acts by businesses, though companies continually engage in conduct that violates these laws. If you were the victims of deceptive or unfair business practices or any other type of fraudulent conduct, chances are that other consumers were, as well. We can help you explore the possibility of a class action claim.
FCRA Background Checks
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) sets clear guidelines for employers who want to conduct background checks on applicants or employees. If companies fail to comply with the law before and after background checks, it violates your rights under federal law. Often, companies engage in widespread violations, and affected job applicants or employees have the right to seek damages for the violation of their rights.
Employers requesting authority to obtain an investigative consumer report in California must give the following information under the ICRRA:
- For employment purposes, an investigative consumer report will be acquired (federal law requires the same)
- The report may include information about character, general reputation, personal qualities, and way of life (federal law only mandates this if personal interviews are used).
- The investigation’s nature and scope;
- The name, location, phone number, and website of the consumer reporting agency (CRA) that will produce the report. If there is no website or if the individual’s private information will be transported outside of the United States, a phone number where a consumer may acquire information about the CRA’s privacy procedures is provided.
- Notice outlining the employees’/applicant’s right to see the CRA’s files in person, have the file summarized over the phone, or even have a duplicate of the file delivered via certified mail.
- A checkbox for obtaining a free copy of the report (which should be given within three business days of the report being sent to the employer).
Contact Our Experienced California Class Action Lawsuit Attorneys
Our California class-action lawsuit attorneys at Setareh Law Group have the experience and resources to successfully represent clients in class action claims in state and federal courts and to build a strong attorney-client relationship. We have recovered more than $100 million for our clients since 1999. Call (866) 572-6384 or contact us online for a free case evaluation today.